‘What A Heart Loves’ Brings Shakespeare to Great Barrington April 8-9. Bard College at Simon’s Rock senior writes, directs Elizabethan romantic comedy
worthy of the Bard of Avon
Early bird registration is Jan 20-April 1!
We’re almost finished completing Shakespeare’s canon for a second time in our History....how about you?
The Atlanta Shakespeare Company (ASC) was awarded a $25,000 grant from Arts Midwest on behalf of the National Endowment for the Arts that will allow ASC to participate in Shakespeare in American Communities, the NEA’s national project to bring professional Shakespeare performances to communities with little access to professional theatre.
See all news
What is the Shakespeare Tavern®?
The Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse is unlike other theaters. It is a place out of time; a place of live music, hand-crafted period costumes, outrageous sword fights with the entire experience centered on the passion and poetry of the spoken word. With a Ready To Eat Café-Style Menu and a broad selection of Irish ales and premium brews, the Shakespeare Tavern® is a place to eat, drink, and nourish the soul. Read what our actors, directors and staff have to say about the work we do at The Shakespeare Tavern® on our Community Blog.. Watch the video below for a complete look at the Tavern Experience!
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales
- The Comedy of Errors
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Richard The Third
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)
- The Taming of the Shrew
- Aris presents A Staged Reading of “Ulysses” (June 6 & 7)
- Atlanta Chamber Players: World Premiere & “Blue Danube” (May 9)
- LadyShakes 2017: An Evening of Shakespeare, Performed & Produced by the Women of the Tavern (May 15)
- Hysteria Machines Presents: Winter is Coming, GoT Nerdlesque (July 22 & 24)
- Message from the Education Director
- Student Matinees
- Teacher’s Guide to Matinees
- Teaching Artists
- Tavern Teachers E-mail List
Education Programs & Materials
- In-School Programs
- Recommended Reading
- Homeschool Programs
- Study Guides
- Student Matinee Etiquette
- Touring Shows
Beyond the Classroom
The Atlanta Shakespeare Company
- Message from the Artistic Director
- About Original Practice
- Staff & Board Members
- Acting Company
- Apprentice Company
- Contact Us
- Forms 990 & Audit Info