Directions to The Shakespeare Tavern® Playhouse
- The Shakespeare Tavern® Playhouse
- 499 Peachtree St NE
- Atlanta GA 30308
From North of Atlanta
- Take 75/85 South to exit 249-D, this is the GA Tech/North Ave exit.
- Turn left at the light onto North Ave.
- Go 3 street lights up to Peachtree St, turn right onto Peachtree St
- Go 2 blocks south and the Shakespeare Tavern® is on your left.
From south of Atlanta or from I-20
- Take 75/85 North to exit 249-B, this is the Peachtree St/Pine St exit.
- Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Peachtree St
- The Shakespeare Tavern® will be immediately on your right.
Please note, if you're coming from the Dunwoody area, the Dunwoody line stops running around 9pm
- Take the train to Civic Center station
- As you exit the station go 1/2 block north to the first cross street, Pine St.
- Turn right onto Pine and walk 1/2 block east to Peachtree St.
- Cross Peachtree and continue north (to the left). The Shakespeare Tavern® is about 5 door north on the right hand side of the street.
General Public Parking
- We recommend parking in the Emory University Hospital Midtown Parking Deck, located directly across the street from the front doors of The Shakespeare Tavern® on Peachtree Street. To get to Peachtree Street/the Tavern, exit the parking deck on level D. Parking price should be $5. (Not valid for valet parking)!
- DO NOT park on Pine Street or in the empty parking lots on Pine Street. Your car might be booted if you park in these lots.
- DO NOT park at the meters in front of our building. As of Spring 2010 the city/Park Atlanta is enforcing that the meters be paid. Our front doors lock 30 minutes after the show starts, which makes coming and going to feed the meter difficult.
- Our accessible parking/entrance is at the back of our theater, off of Renaissance Parkway. Once you turn onto Renaissance Parkway from Peachtree Street, you will turn right onto Courtland Street. The Tavern’s back entrance will be immediately on your right once you clear the building on the corner and the traffic bumps. It is a tricky turn, so drive slowly. Handicapped parking is in front of the ramp behind our building.
Accessible Parking Spot
Back entrance (on the right side of building)
Back of theater/inside of kitchen
The Atlanta Shakespeare Company
- Staff & Board of Directors
- About Original Practice
- History / Production History
- Message from the Artistic Director
- Acting Company
- Apprentice Company
- Press Information and Releases
- Contact Us