Atlanta Shakespeare Company Student Volunteer Program
Students (middle school, high school, and college) have always been an integral part of the Atlanta Shakespeare Company environment. We would like to offer you and your students an even closer involvement with a quality theater experience.
- Provide a supervised volunteer experience to students
- Promote volunteerism in the arts.
- Make volunteering at the Tavern a fun and rewarding experience.
It works like this
- You provide approximately six students (and an adult chaperone with middle- and high-schoolers) for an evening at the Tavern (6:00 p.m. to 10:45 p.m., one hour earlier on Sundays).
- In exchange for volunteer services (taking tickets, handing out programs, maintaining the house before the show, during intermission, and after the show, etc.) we provide a free drink, a discount on food, a tour of the backstage area and/or a discussion with an actor/actors after the show if requested, and (of course) all volunteers get to see the show for free! Please make sure you request the Q&A and tour ahead of time. We cannot plan for it without advance notice.
- Performances are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. (Volunteer report time is 6:00 p.m.), and one hour earlier on Sundays.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail to Suzanne Mercer or call and leave a message on the ASC Volunteer Hotline at (404) 874-5299 x59. We will respond and schedule your group.
Come on and join us! We look forward to working with you and your students!
- Message from the Education Director
- Student Matinees
- Teacher’s Guide to Matinees
- Teaching Artists
- Tavern Teachers E-mail List
Education Programs & Materials
- In-School Programs
- Renaissance Youth Residency
- Recommended Reading
- Study Guides
- Homeschool Programs
- Touring Shows