Events at the Tavern: Resurgens Theatre Company presents Ben Jonson’s Sejanus (Nov 14-18)
To conclude our Ben Jonson First Folio Quadricentennial Season, Resurgens Theatre Company returns to Atlanta this November with the first fully staged professional production of Jonson’s classical tragedy ever attempted on this side of the Atlantic. Experience Rome’s political corruption and despotic cruelty as never before, as you marvel at the same poetic sounds that brought the playwright before the Privy Council on charges of sedition. Directed by Dr. Brent Griffin, Sejanus will also offer another first for Atlanta audiences—a full-fledged “original practices” production, which will include audience interaction, judicious editing, minimalist staging, organic music, original pronunciation, Renaissance costuming, same-sex casting (all-male), thematic doubling, an uninterrupted performance, and universal lighting.
November 14, 15, and 16 at 7:30 pm
with a special late night performance on November 18 at 11:00 pm
Limited food menu available at 6:15pm Novemeber 14-16.
Desserts and drinks available at 10:30 on November 18.
For more information, visit our website at www.resurgenstheatre.org
Produced in collaboration with the Atlanta Shakespeare Company and the University of North Georgia Department of English.
$23 for Adults
$20 for Students and Seniors
Seating is general admission
Performances this season
- MacbethPerformances begin October 14, 2016
- Henry The Sixth: Part ThreePerformances begin November 05, 2016
- In Repertory: Henry The Sixth Parts 1, 2 & 3Performances begin November 12, 2016
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 01, 2016
- Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor FaustusPerformances begin January 07, 2017
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 03, 2017
- Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin March 03, 2017
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury TalesPerformances begin April 01, 2017
- The Comedy of ErrorsPerformances begin April 29, 2017
- The Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 26, 2017
- Richard The ThirdPerformances begin June 17, 2017