From the 2013-2014 Season:
Antony and Cleopatra
Playing June 07, 2014 to June 29, 2014
$15 General Admission Previews Thurs June 5 & Friday June 6
The Tavern stage becomes Egypt and Rome to tell this story of a passion so legendary that it ignites battles and jeopardizes kingdoms, ultimately consuming its lovers and the entire ancient world. Even Brad and Angelina can’t top that.
A part of The Shakespeare Evolution Series!
Join the cast and crew members for a lively Question and Answer session on Sunday June 15 after the show!
Directed by Jeff Watkins
Leave a comment below!
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
These are plays you may have read in high school or college. The plot is fairly uncomplicated, though some of the themes may be dense or dark. These plays may include supernatural elements, straight-forward politics, historical content or religious content. (In these cases, we offer a synopsis with important historical or contextual explanations which you may read in the Playbill before the show.) In these plays, there may also be bawdy language and certain adult situations, and the language may be hard to follow for a first-timer.
We recommend this type of play to High School and College Students, casual theatre-goers, people who like mainstream films and reading “The Onion”, and Shakespeare lovers who enjoy delving into the Elizabethan world.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: You may wish to read the synopsis we provide (and maybe your notes from Literature Class). Or simply do a small amount of internet research. No worries – you won’t get lost.
Performances this Season
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 05, 2013
- Taming of the Shrew and Timon of Athens (January Repertory)Performances begin January 02, 2014
- The Romance Repertory: The Taming of the Shrew, Romeo and Juliet, Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin January 31, 2014
- MacbethPerformances begin April 05, 2014
- The Comedy of ErrorsPerformances begin May 10, 2014
- Antony and CleopatraPerformances begin June 07, 2014