From the 2012-2013 Season:
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
Playing November 29, 2012 to December 23, 2012
$15 General Admission Preview on Thurs Nov 29 is SOLD OUT
Directed by J. Tony Brown
A Holiday Tradition at The Shakespeare Tavern®, ASC is proud of this very special adaptation of a timeless classic. A handful of actors bring the wondrous art of storytelling to life, transporting you to Scrooge’s London counting house that fateful Christmas when Scrooge meets three Ghosts and a certain little boy named Tiny Tim. This enchanting holiday experience will bring the magic of the season to Scrooge, to The Tavern, and to you. Join us for some Dickens, a bit of song, and a lot of holiday cheer.
Join the cast and crew members for a lively Question and Answer session on Sunday December 9 after the show!
A Christmas Carol has a slightly different pricing structure than our normal ticket prices:
Thurs night (& Dec 11-12):
Friday night (& Dec 18-20):
Saturday night (& Dec 21-23):
Act One - 60 min / Act Two - 35 min
November 29-December 23, 2012
Scrooge Drew Reeves*
Mary Ruth Ralston
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (see below). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
A note about bawdiness in Shakespeare: It exists. Despite what your English teacher taught you, Shakespeare wrote some pretty saucy lines and they pop up from time to time. While there is never any nudity on stage, our actors are trained to make the text clear. If we feel a show contains a plethora of Graphic Elizabethan Poetry (or is very bloody/violent/triggering) we will put that disclaimer in the blurb about the show. It won’t happen often. If this Bardometer lists a play as a 1 or 2, you can rest assured that it is an appropriate show for kids under ten.
Performances this season
- MacbethPerformances begin October 14, 2016
- Henry The Sixth: Part ThreePerformances begin November 05, 2016
- In Repertory: Henry The Sixth Parts 1, 2 & 3Performances begin November 12, 2016
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 01, 2016
- Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor FaustusPerformances begin January 07, 2017
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 03, 2017
- Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin March 03, 2017
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury TalesPerformances begin April 01, 2017
- The Comedy of ErrorsPerformances begin April 29, 2017
- The Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 26, 2017
- Richard The ThirdPerformances begin June 17, 2017
Non-ASC events this season
- There are no events from this season. Check back soon!