From the 2012-2013 Season:
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
Playing November 29, 2012 to December 23, 2012
$15 General Admission Preview on Thurs Nov 29 is SOLD OUT
Directed by J. Tony Brown
A Holiday Tradition at The Shakespeare Tavern®, ASC is proud of this very special adaptation of a timeless classic. A handful of actors bring the wondrous art of storytelling to life, transporting you to Scrooge’s London counting house that fateful Christmas when Scrooge meets three Ghosts and a certain little boy named Tiny Tim. This enchanting holiday experience will bring the magic of the season to Scrooge, to The Tavern, and to you. Join us for some Dickens, a bit of song, and a lot of holiday cheer.
Join the cast and crew members for a lively Question and Answer session on Sunday December 9 after the show!
A Christmas Carol has a slightly different pricing structure than our normal ticket prices:
Thurs night (& Dec 11-12):
Friday night (& Dec 18-20):
Saturday night (& Dec 21-23):
Act One - 60 min / Act Two - 35 min
November 29-December 23, 2012
Scrooge Drew Reeves*
Mary Ruth Ralston
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (though please note that Shakespeare was a bawdy writer, you can’t escape it in any of his plays). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
We recommend this type of play to families, school-age kids, first-timers to Shakespeare, or anyone who just wants to do something fun on a night off. This type of play is perfect for large groups like birthday parties or special event gatherings.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: Just show up! You don’t need to know the play to follow along and enjoy.
Performances this Season
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 06, 2016
- Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin March 05, 2016
- Two Noble KinsmenPerformances begin April 02, 2016
- Bill Cain’s EquivocationPerformances begin April 23, 2016
- Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 14, 2016
- The Merchant of VenicePerformances begin June 03, 2016
Events this Season
- A Pantheon of Divini-TEASE, a Hearts Ablaze Production (Feb 13) Sat, February 13, 2016 at 11:30 pm
- Bettie Bullet presents Sex Ed Burlesque! (March 12 Late Night) Sat, March 12, 2016 at 11:30 pm
- You’re the Expert! (March 22) Tue, March 22, 2016 at 7:30 pm
- Story Collider (March 23) Wed, March 23, 2016 at 7:30 pm