From the 2014-2015 Season:
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
Playing December 04, 2014 to December 23, 2014
Friday December 5 performance Sold Out
A Holiday Tradition at The Shakespeare Tavern, ASC is proud of this very special adaptation of a timeless classic. A handful of actors bring the wondrous art of storytelling to life, transporting you to Scrooge’s London counting house that fateful Christmas when Scrooge meets three Ghosts and a certain little boy named Tiny Tim. This enchanting holiday experience will bring the magic of the season to Scrooge, to The Tavern, and to you. Join us for some Dickens, a bit of song, and a lot of holiday cheer.
Join the cast and crew members for a lively Question and Answer session on Sunday December 14 after the 6:30pm show!
Additional performances and ticket prices
December 4 & 11: $24 Main / $20 Box / $15 Balcony
December 19-23: Saturday Night Ticket Prices
Sunday December 14, 2014 (Regular Sunday Ticket Prices) 2pm. Lunch menu available at 12:45pm
Tuesday December 16, 2014 (Friday night ticket prices) 7:30pm
Wednesday December 17, 2014 (Friday night ticket prices) 7:30pm
Saturday December 20, 2014 2pm. Lunch menu available at 12:45pm
Monday December 22, 2014 (Saturday night ticket prices) 7:30pm
Tuesday December 23, 2014 2pm. Lunch menu available at 12:45pm
Tuesday December 23, 2014 7:30pm
Directed by J. Tony Brown
Act One 60 min / Act Two 35 min
December 4-23, 2014
Drew Reeves* (Scrooge)
Becky Cormier Finch
Mary Ruth Ralston
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (though please note that Shakespeare was a bawdy writer, you can’t escape it in any of his plays). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
We recommend this type of play to families, school-age kids, first-timers to Shakespeare, or anyone who just wants to do something fun on a night off. This type of play is perfect for large groups like birthday parties or special event gatherings.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: Just show up! You don’t need to know the play to follow along and enjoy.
Performances this Season
- Pericles, Prince of TyrePerformances begin August 28, 2015
- CymbelinePerformances begin September 12, 2015
- Resurgens Theatre Company presents John Webster’s The Duchess of MalfiPerformances begin October 01, 2015
- Arthur Miller’s The CruciblePerformances begin October 10, 2015
- The TempestPerformances begin November 07, 2015
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 03, 2015
- As You Like ItPerformances begin January 02, 2016
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 06, 2016
- Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin March 05, 2016
- Two Noble KinsmenPerformances begin April 02, 2016
- Bill Cain’s EquivocationPerformances begin April 23, 2016
- Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 14, 2016
- The Merchant of VenicePerformances begin June 03, 2016