Buy Tickets From the 2013-2014 Season: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) Playing August 14, 2014 to August 24, 2014
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)
Written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer, Jess Winfield (and William Shakespeare)
An irreverent, hilarious, high-speed romp through all 37 of the Bard's plays (and 154 sonnets) in two hours! Othello goes Hip-Hop, Titus Andronicus a cooking show, and all the Histories are performed as a football game. All of this performed by THREE ACTORS. It took ASC, with hundreds of actors, 26 years to complete Shakespeare's works. These three guys will do 'em all in an evening. Show offs.
Contains adult humor & language. Nothing you haven't heard, said or seen before.
Produced through special arrangement with Broadway Play Publishing Inc. The script to this play may be purchased from B P P I at BroadwayPlayPubl.com
Directed by Andrew Houchins
Act One: 60 min / Act Two: 35 min
August 14-24, 2014
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (see below). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
A note about bawdiness in Shakespeare: It exists. Despite what your English teacher taught you, Shakespeare wrote some pretty saucy lines and they pop up from time to time. While there is never any nudity on stage, our actors are trained to make the text clear. If we feel a show contains a plethora of Graphic Elizabethan Poetry (or is very bloody/violent/triggering) we will put that disclaimer in the blurb about the show. It won’t happen often. If this Bardometer lists a play as a 1 or 2, you can rest assured that it is an appropriate show for kids under ten.
Performances this season
- Henry The Sixth: Part Two (The Rise of Queen Margaret)Performances begin October 01, 2016
- MacbethPerformances begin October 14, 2016
- Henry The Sixth: Part ThreePerformances begin November 05, 2016
- In Repertory: Henry The Sixth Parts 1, 2 & 3Performances begin November 12, 2016
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 01, 2016
- Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor FaustusPerformances begin January 07, 2017
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 03, 2017
- Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin March 03, 2017
- Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury TalesPerformances begin April 01, 2017
- The Comedy of ErrorsPerformances begin April 29, 2017
- The Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 26, 2017
- Richard The ThirdPerformances begin June 17, 2017
Non-ASC events this season
- There are no events from this season. Check back soon!