From the 2009-2010 Season:
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) 2009
Playing August 06, 2009 to September 06, 2009
$12 General Admission Previews August 6 & 7
An irreverent, hilarious, high-speed romp through all 37 of the Bard's plays (and 154 sonnets) in two hours! Othello goes Hip-Hop, Titus Andronicus a cooking show, and all the Histories are performed as a football game. All of this performed by THREE ACTORS.
This production is produced through special arrangement with Broadway Play Publishing Inc. The script to this play may be purchased from B P P I at http://www.BroadwayPlayPubl.com.
Join the cast and crew members for a Question and Answer session on Sunday August 16 after the show!
Act One - 50 min Act Two - 45 minutes. One 15 minute intermission
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (though please note that Shakespeare was a bawdy writer, you can’t escape it in any of his plays). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
We recommend this type of play to families, school-age kids, first-timers to Shakespeare, or anyone who just wants to do something fun on a night off. This type of play is perfect for large groups like birthday parties or special event gatherings.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: Just show up! You don’t need to know the play to follow along and enjoy.
Performances this Season
- Twelfth NightPerformances begin November 07, 2014
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 04, 2014
- The Merry Wives of WindsorPerformances begin January 01, 2015
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 05, 2015
- The Winter’s TalePerformances begin March 07, 2015
- The Taming of the ShrewPerformances begin March 27, 2015
- Thornton Wilder’s Our TownPerformances begin April 10, 2015
- The Merchant of VenicePerformances begin May 01, 2015
- CoriolanusPerformances begin May 29, 2015
Events this Season
- TEASEGIVING: New Origin’s Fundraiser (Nov 24) Mon, November 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm
- Christmas Concert with Three Quarter Ale and Knightsong (Dec 12) Fri, December 12, 2014 at 10:00 pm
- FREE SALON: Romeo and Juliet: Performing the Play and the Ballet (Jan 19) Mon, January 19, 2015 at 7:30 pm
- Atlanta Chamber Players Present “Grand Finale” (May 5) Wed, December 31, 1969 at 2:33 pm