From the 2009-2010 Season:
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) 2009
Playing August 06, 2009 to September 06, 2009
$12 General Admission Previews August 6 & 7
An irreverent, hilarious, high-speed romp through all 37 of the Bard's plays (and 154 sonnets) in two hours! Othello goes Hip-Hop, Titus Andronicus a cooking show, and all the Histories are performed as a football game. All of this performed by THREE ACTORS.
This production is produced through special arrangement with Broadway Play Publishing Inc. The script to this play may be purchased from B P P I at http://www.BroadwayPlayPubl.com.
Join the cast and crew members for a Question and Answer session on Sunday August 16 after the show!
Act One - 50 min Act Two - 45 minutes. One 15 minute intermission
Aug 6 - Sept 6 2009
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (see below). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
A note about bawdiness in Shakespeare: It exists. Despite what your English teacher taught you, Shakespeare wrote some pretty saucy lines and they pop up from time to time. While there is never any nudity on stage, our actors are trained to make the text clear. If we feel a show contains a plethora of Graphic Elizabethan Poetry (or is very bloody/violent/triggering) we will put that disclaimer in the blurb about the show. It won’t happen often. If this Bardometer lists a play as a 1 or 2, you can rest assured that it is an appropriate show for kids under ten.
Performances this Season
- Bill Cain’s EquivocationPerformances begin April 23, 2016
- Romeo and Juliet: Happily Ever After (One Show Only)Performances begin May 08, 2016
- Two Gentlemen of VeronaPerformances begin May 14, 2016
- The Merchant of VenicePerformances begin June 03, 2016
- The Taming of the ShrewPerformances begin June 24, 2016
- A Midsummer Night’s DreamPerformances begin July 16, 2016
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)Performances begin August 11, 2016