From the 2009-2010 Season:
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) 2009
Playing August 06, 2009 to September 06, 2009
$12 General Admission Previews August 6 & 7
An irreverent, hilarious, high-speed romp through all 37 of the Bard's plays (and 154 sonnets) in two hours! Othello goes Hip-Hop, Titus Andronicus a cooking show, and all the Histories are performed as a football game. All of this performed by THREE ACTORS.
This production is produced through special arrangement with Broadway Play Publishing Inc. The script to this play may be purchased from B P P I at http://www.BroadwayPlayPubl.com.
Join the cast and crew members for a Question and Answer session on Sunday August 16 after the show!
Leave a comment below!Commenting is not available in this section entry.
Act One - 50 min Act Two - 45 minutes. One 15 minute intermission
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (though please note that Shakespeare was a bawdy writer, you can’t escape it in any of his plays). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
We recommend this type of play to families, school-age kids, first-timers to Shakespeare, or anyone who just wants to do something fun on a night off. This type of play is perfect for large groups like birthday parties or special event gatherings.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: Just show up! You don’t need to know the play to follow along and enjoy.
Performances this Season
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 05, 2013
- Taming of the Shrew and Timon of Athens (January Repertory)Performances begin January 02, 2014
- The Romance Repertory: The Taming of the Shrew, Romeo and Juliet, Much Ado About NothingPerformances begin January 31, 2014
- MacbethPerformances begin April 05, 2014
- The Comedy of ErrorsPerformances begin May 10, 2014
- Antony and CleopatraPerformances begin June 07, 2014