From the 2014-2015 Season:
Pericles, Prince of Tyre
Playing August 28, 2015 to September 06, 2015
$15 General Admission Preview Thursday August 28
A dark and troubling riddle starts the heroic adventure of one man’s lifetime, a story of love gained, lost and gained again. Shakespeare woos us with his most epic theatrical journey. Join us as we follow the noble Pericles over continents and decades, goddesses and pirates, jousts and tempests.
TWO WEEKS ONLY!
Directed by Artistic Director Jeff Watkins
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
You may already know the story and what happens at the end. But even if you don’t, the play is light and the plot is easy to follow. Limited violence, limited bawdiness (though please note that Shakespeare was a bawdy writer, you can’t escape it in any of his plays). There are very few things – historical, religious, or political – that you need to know ahead of time. Just enjoy!
We recommend this type of play to families, school-age kids, first-timers to Shakespeare, or anyone who just wants to do something fun on a night off. This type of play is perfect for large groups like birthday parties or special event gatherings.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: Just show up! You don’t need to know the play to follow along and enjoy.
Performances this Season
- Thornton Wilder’s Our TownPerformances begin April 10, 2015
- The Merchant of VenicePerformances begin May 01, 2015
- CoriolanusPerformances begin May 29, 2015
- As You Like ItPerformances begin June 19, 2015
- A Midsummer Night’s DreamPerformances begin July 17, 2015
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)Performances begin August 07, 2015
- Pericles, Prince of TyrePerformances begin August 28, 2015