From the 2014-2015 Season:
Playing May 29, 2015 to June 14, 2015
$15 General Admission Preview Thursday May 28
Forced into the Senate by his overbearing mother, the Achilles-like Coriolanus does nothing to hide his disdain for democracy, which works against him as Rome’s leader. His citizens are hungry; his Senate peers are disloyal. Eventually banished by his own people, this God of War does the only thing he knows to do: lead his own enemy’s army to kill the very people he serves. Shakespeare’s tale of extreme betrayal is also one of his bloodiest and most political tragedies.
A part of The Shakespeare Evolution Series!
Join the cast and crew members for a lively Question and Answer session on Sunday after the show!
Directed by Drew Reeves
Bardometer RatingHow difficult is this Shakespearean play to grasp? On a scale of 1 to 10.
What does rating this mean?
These plays are extremely passionate and heavy on religious, historical and/or political content. There may be increased violence, gore and sexuality (though, unless noted, there is never any nudity). The language is complex and the themes are dark. We provide a synopsis in the Playbill for these plays which will explain any historical or political elements you may need to know.
We recommend this type of play to Shakespeare-geeks, College or Advanced Students, frequent theatre-goers and people who like documentaries or “guy films”.
How to prepare for seeing this kind of play: You may wish to read the synopsis, search the internet for resources, or see a movie-version if one exists.
Performances this Season
- Pericles, Prince of TyrePerformances begin September 13, 2014
- MacbethPerformances begin October 10, 2014
- Twelfth NightPerformances begin November 07, 2014
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas CarolPerformances begin December 04, 2014
- The Merry Wives of WindsorPerformances begin January 01, 2015
- Romeo and JulietPerformances begin February 05, 2015
- The Winter’s TalePerformances begin March 07, 2015
- Thornton Wilder’s Our TownPerformances begin April 03, 2015
- CoriolanusPerformances begin May 29, 2015